Monday – Friday: 7:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m.
Monday, Wednesday, Friday: 7:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m.
Tuesday, Thursday: 7:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
Saturday hours available seasonally
Patients: Click here
to select forms you’ll need to complete in advance of your first visit.
The outpatient physical therapy department provides treatment to patients diagnosed with orthopedic, neurological, medical, and vestibular disorders at both Southampton and Westhampton locations. Our highly qualified and experienced therapists – many of whom have doctorate level training as well as advanced training in manual therapy and certifications in Vestibular Rehabilitation, Lymphedema Therapy, and Strength and Conditioning – have the expertise to work with you to eliminate pain and restore function following injuries, surgery, joint replacement, stroke, and other related dysfunctions. Our goal is to provide the highest quality skilled rehabilitation, tailored to meet your needs in a caring, supportive environment. Our locations are handicap accessible and safe for all levels of mobility. FAQs
Acute Care Rehabilitation
Your physician may prescribe
in-patient rehabilitation following total joint replacement, orthopedic surgery,
stroke, or an illness that impacts your physical mobility. Physical therapy,
occupational therapy, and speech therapy are available to help patients improve
function, self-care, strength and safety in preparation for returning
- individualized treatments for patients who have suffered a heart attack, had open-heart surgery for valve or vessel repair/replacement, or have had angioplasty or stenting. The comprehensive lifestyle modification program safely gets patients back to a higher level of function through exercise, weight training, stress management, and nutritional counseling. Each patient is monitored via a telemetry (heart monitoring) system. FAQs
- treatment for patients suffering from chronic pulmonary diseases such as COPD, emphysema, asbestosis, lung transplant, and lung cancer. The goal of this therapy is to enhance the ability to perform daily activities through exercises that retrain breathing and strengthen the respiratory muscles. Oxygen monitoring is provided. Insurance coverage is available. Functional Fitness - senior wellness program is available to patients over 55 years old and offers a combination of aerobic exercise with strength, balance, and flexibility training. This program is ideal for seniors who want to continue an active lifestyle. The program is supervised by Physical Therapy staff. FAQs
- trained therapists
provide complete decongestive physiotherapy, the most effective practical
treatment for lymphedema. These therapies involve pneumatic pumps and hands-on
treatment as well as patient education. Treatments range from 1-20 days and are
followed by a home maintenance program.
- our program includes medical
massage, sports massage, pregnancy massage and massage for the cancer patient,
as well as Reiki/healing touch, foot reflexology, cranial sacral therapy, and
lymphedema therapy. Massage therapy reduces inflammation, fluid retention and
muscle stiffness, increases flexibility, promotes healing and relieves tension.
Our professional staff of licensed massage therapists is fully certified in a
variety of massage techniques. Typical treatments last for 30 minutes to an
hour and are offered in a private massage therapy room.
Occupational and Hand Therapy
- licensed occupational therapists specialize in the treatment of patients with a variety of diagnoses including arthritis, upper extremity and hand injury, and stroke. The goal is to assist patients in achieving independence through the use of exercise, splinting, modalities, and patient education. Insurance coverage is available. Services offered include: hand therapy/upper extremity orthopedic rehabilitation, neurological rehabilitation, and general medical/surgical physical rehabilitation for patients of all ages. Treatment modalities may include customized orthotic fabrication, therapeutic exercise and manual therapy techniques, adaptive equipment training, cognitive and visual perceptual rehabilitation, and retraining for daily activities.
More on occupational and hand therapy
- for patients diagnosed with a variety of orthopedic, neurological, and medical diagnoses. Experienced therapists work with patients to eliminate pain and restore function following injuries, surgery, joint replacement, stroke, and a variety of medical conditions. Specially trained therapists provide lymphedema therapy and Vestibular Rehabilitation. Insurance coverage is available.
Speech, Swallowing and Voice Disorders
(Monday Friday – 9 a.m. to 6 p.m.) - Our speech-language pathologists work in partnership with the patient’s physician and other health care professionals to provide comprehensive diagnostic and treatment programs for adults and children who are experiencing speech, swallowing, cognitive and voice difficulties. These conditions often develop as a result of stoke, Parkinson’s disease, head trauma, and other neuromuscular disorders, as well as head and neck cancer, and developmental delay in children. Voice evaluation and therapy are also available for professionals such as singers, teachers, and actors. State-of-the-art technology is used, including Surface Electromyography (SEMG), Visi-Pitch™, and VitalStim® Therapy to help the person experiencing the effects of a neurological disorder to regain their ability to communicate and/or swallow safely, or the young child who is delayed in their development, to develop improved speech and language ability. FAQs
- Proper functioning of the vestibular system, one of the three
systems that help to control equilibrium and stability, is critical for good
balance. Disease or injury to the vestibular system can cause dizziness,
vertigo, nausea and poor balance. Through proper diagnosis and treatment,
symptoms can be reduced and you can regain the confidence to safely resume daily
activities without fear of falling.
Medical Screening Form - English.pdf
Medical Screening Form - Espanol.pdf
Back Index Form – English
Confidence in Mobility (Falls Efficacy Scale) – English
Disabilities of the Arm, Shoulder, and Hand – English
Dizziness Handicap Inventory – English
Lower Extremity Functional Scale – English
Medical Screening Form – English
Neck Index – English